Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thani Avarthanam - I

Here is ONE of the best thani by Mani sir and G.Harishankar. It’s been long time since I wanted to write about the thanis of mani sir somehow it didn’t happen. I don’t know how many of you have this recording with you. I am uploading the same for the sake of people who don’t have it.

The idea behind writing about thani is, often in many forums I see people saying… “I don’t understand anything, but I like it”….

The first step I am doing here is giving you the link to download the thani, if you want to hear it online, you can do it. The below given links will help you.

Enjoy the scintillating thani
Download : Thani Avarthanam

Listen Online

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you planning to add details and analysis on how tani is structured, what nadai's he played, what kuraippu, mohara, korvai were played etc, and help layman to understand? If yes, that will be awesome

-hari